Announcements – AAVSO

A message from Dr. Stella Kafka, Director of the American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO):

I would like to invite you to participate to the AAVSO 108th annual meeting, which will take between October 18-20, in Las Cruces NM. This on the weekend immediately after RRL2019. The web page of the AAVSO meeting can be found here: https://www.aavso.org/las-cruces-annual-meeting.  This will be an excellent opportunity for the pulsating stars community to meet and interact in person with the AAVSO observers, whose work has been helping us advance our science for more than 100 years now. We are planning a joint reception between the AAVSO and RRL2019 at the hotel Encanto, on Friday, October 18, 2019, which I hope you will consider attending.

I would also like to invite you to consider giving a talk to present your work and suggest ways our observers can help. Titles and Abstracts can be submitted via email at aavso@aavso.org

Please do consider staying in NM for a couple of days more, to meet with a very exciting community of highly skilled citizen Astronomers, who are passionate about exploring the universe through their telescopes and take meaningful data for your projects. Your participation will help strengthen our relationships and rejuvenate the amateur community.

Thank you in advance for your attention. I am looking forward to seeing you in Las Cruces in October.